The YVC Youth Advisory Board consists of 24 high school students from eight different school districts across Berks County. The Youth Advisory Board (YAB) meets regularly and serves as a YVC leadership team to create and lead service projects that will take place during the upcoming school year. The purpose of the Youth Advisory Board is to ensure that youth voice is heard and represented in the service work for YVC events.
This team, supported by our trained volunteers, will:
- Work with a diverse group of students from across the county
- Have an opportunity to share their voice and their passion with their peers and community
- Brainstorm project ideas
- Create action plans
- Recruit volunteers and develop relationships with community partners
- Receive team building and leadership training
- Attend YVC service opportunities to participate in hands-on volunteering and participate in the culminating celebration on Global Youth Service Day in City Park in April
The application process for the 2019-2020 Youth Advisory Board is currently closed. Applications will open in May 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year.
For further information please contact RachelK@voiceupberks.org.